Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2016

Vin Scully Calling Hank Aaron Breaking Ruth's Home Record


I remember the anticipation of watching this game, and a chance to see the home run record fall. It was something we talked about school for days. My friend Danny, who was the only known Braves fan in our part of the world. In five years living in the neighborhood, I don't think he ever took off his Braves cap.

 As I grow older, it is one of my many baseball historic moments that I shared with my late father. The anticipation, my dad reciting stats why Aaron's accomplishment paled in comparison to "the Babe." When the historic moment happened all was forgotten, he had witnessed baseball history with his son reciting the highlights of Aaron's career. A moment in an imperfect childhood that will remain as a cherished memory.

1 comment:

Blogposts

Bob Wicker: Dead Ball Era Hurler

Bob Wicker was born at Bono,IN, and lived in Bedford,IN. He pitched for the St. Louis Cardinals, Chicago Cubs, and Cincinnati Reds from ...